Mouthpeice Refacing & Restoration
Ramón refurbishes and customizes mouthpieces for clients, from vintage to contemporary. This service includes refacing, chamber adjustment and bore reaming, as needed.
He is highly experienced and knowledgeable about mouthpieces of virtually every make and model of the last century, and is committed to preserving the original character of every mouthpiece he works on.
These mouthpieces include:
- Kaspar (Chicago, Cicero, Ann Arbor)
- Vintage French Design (Chedeville – Henri / Charles, Lelandais, Goldbeck, Bettoney, Meliphone, Selmer, Robert, Penzel Mueller, Bonade, Malerne, Buffet, etc)
- Zinner based models
- Other custom designs (Pyne, Kanter, Gennusa, Hite, Langenus, Portnoy, Wurlitzer, Borbeck, Pillinger, Eaton, Nagamatsu, Jenney, etc)
Ramón works on Bb, Eb, bass clarinet and saxophone mouthpieces and also German, Austrian, Reform Boehm and simple system mouthpieces.
He sees customers in Ann Arbor by appointment and accepts mail order requests worldwide.
For further details and pricing, please contact Ramón directly.
Ramón regularly gives lectures about his work at conservatoires, colleges and schools across the globe.
He has presented at institutions including:
- Curtis Institute of Music
- Yale University School of Music
- Royal College of Music, London
- Musikhochschule Lübeck
- Rice University
- Eastman School of Music
- Cincinnati College – Conservatory of Music
- University of Michigan
- Michigan State University
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama
- University of Southern California
- Glen Gould School
- Interlochen Arts Academy
- Manhattan School of Music
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Birmingham Conservatoire
- Buchmann – Mehta School of Music
- New York University
- University of North Texas
- University of Alabama
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Oklahoma
- Penn State University
- Ithaca College
- SUNY Potsdam
- St Olaf College
For availability, fees and further information, please visit the contact page.